Top Ten of 2015 and My Word for the New Year
2015 has truly been a remarkable year, and it makes me SO excited to see what the new year holds! As the year comes to an end tonight, I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on what has made my year the best one so far. (And stay tuned until the end of the post to find out my word of the year!) So, here are the top 10 things that have happened in my life this year (in no particular order):
- Getting accepted into my dream school Liberty! Along with this came some amazing new friendships and already finding a future roommate too!
- Exploring San Francisco with my family this summer. It was the most unique and definitely the hilliest city I've ever been to and somewhere I would definitely go again. My favorite place there had to be Chinatown, even though we mistakenly put hot sauce in our tea.
- (Kinda) learning how to balance homework with fun by having countless coffee and homework dates with friends throughout the year. They can be more fun than they sound.
- Watching God move in my necklace business, Pendants of Praise. I just started selling necklaces last November, and over the past year, I've sold so many more than I thought I could, and all the money goes back to him!
- Going to my first ever high school prom! It was a fun night filled with friends and laughter, after we spent hours planning and decorating. I can't wait for the juniors to do all the hard work for us this year!
- Building an ice tree. No explanation needed besides the picture. This thing was pretty awesome and stayed up for a good 10 days.
- Getting 49,110 likes on my Instagram picture of Lokai bracelets on a beach... and Lokai liked it enough to send me a photo contract and prize box so they could use the image in their press kit.
- Becoming 10x closer with my sister than I've ever been in my life. I don't even know what triggered it, but now she's one of my BFF's and I'm SO thankful for her!
- Getting the True Bison award for Spring Track. I worked my butt off for three years of high school and felt very honored to receive this award from my coach! Also, placing at State's was pretty cool!
- Learning so much more about God and about myself through my time with Him. I'm so thankful that I've gotten to spend the year growing closer to him through worshipping, praying, reading my Bible everyday, and learning to love others.
This year has been a year full of changes, and I don't doubt 2016 will hold even more with me graduating and going off to college! A few years ago, I started picking a word of the year to focus on instead of countless new year's resolutions that will be forgotten by the third week of January. In 2015, I picked two words: Surrender and Simplify. I definitely was better about the surrendering than the simplifying, but both could still use a little work. My word for this upcoming year is LISTEN. I'm going to try to spend more time listening to God and others this year because I fail at this so often. I'd love for you to choose a word to live by too! So, if you decide to pick a word of the year, please comment what it is!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!